What is SMS Chat?
A customer can request direct 2-way chat via SMS / text message as part of their feedback. The business can now engage in a conversation with the customer in real-time, at the location on their terms.
Why is it Important?
For the customer – a text chat means an immediate discussion or request in person, without delay and using a convenient device. For the business, this function increases the engagement with the customer across a wide range of new use cases. General help desk, emergency contact, food ordering and customer service can also use 2-way chat like this.
WHERE SMS CHAT FITS IN THE FEEDBACK PROCESS
ASK – ANSWER – ACT – AUDIT
ASK: On Location Signs
Signs request customers to give feedback and notify staff using their cell phone
ANSWER: Feedback Given
Customer gives feedback via their own cell phone (SMS, QR, Web, Phone)
ACT: Staff Alerted
Staff receive an alert – so can fix the issue and immediately connect with the customer
AUDIT: 360 Degree
Issues tracked by location and staff until close-out via online dashboard
SMS CHAT –
- Messaging is available on any cell phone (not jus the smart ones!)
- Chat is optional for the business
- No limit on messages
- Chat function is via the secure Opiniator online console
- Chat sessions are unique, and closed out when complete to form part of the feedback record
- Once the chat is finished the customer is automatically thanked
- Also check out Guest Chat via SMS