What is Benchmarking and Leaderboard
Benchmarking and leaderboard allows a business with multiple locations to rank order each or all of those locations based on customer feedback and ratings. This means the business knows which locations are top performers based on customer satisfaction and those who are down the list – with more work to do.
Why is it Important?
Knowing the relative position of each location means the business knows which ones need attention and which ones employ best practices. By improving the performance of the poorer locations the company customer satisfaction average will improve, which results in higher retention.
WHERE BENCHMARKING and LEADERBOARD FITS IN THE FEEDBACK PROCESS
ASK – ANSWER – ACT – AUDIT
ASK: On Location Signs
Signs request customers to give feedback and notify staff using their cell phone
ANSWER: Feedback Given
Customer gives feedback via their own cell phone (SMS, QR, Web, Phone)
ACT: Staff Alerted
Staff receive an alert – so can fix the issue and immediately connect with the customer
AUDIT: 360 Degree
Issues tracked by location and staff until close-out via online dashboard
BENCHMARKING / LEADERBOARD –
- Leaderboard data is in real-time and accessed via Opiniator
- Ranking is available for any of the questions in the current customer feedback survey
- A business average is also calculated – so each location staff knows if the are above or below this average
- Location staff can see their own position relative to any other location so can see if towards the top OR bottom of the leaderboard
- Ranking is both ascending and descending and presented with feedback count
- This is a very public way to incent location staff to improve
- Also check out 7 Ways to Improve Customer Experience